Thursday, December 6, 2018

Appointment for Radiation

We have been waiting to get an appointment for radiation oncology. It seems to take forever when I want things to happen soon! Doug has been very calm; I have been very impatient. Waiting is hard!

We are to see the radiation oncology Dr. December 11. The next day Doug is scheduled for a planning CT for radiation and a PET/CT for restaging the cancer in preparation for the chemo. It is a huge relief to know we have a plan of action. Now I am calm too. The radiation treatments will be at the Shaw Cancer Center in Edwards - we will have to travel over Vail pass several times, which can be difficult and dangerous in winter weather. We have a lot of people praying for safe travel.

I am concerned that Doug's left leg/foot is more swollen. We bought him a pair of larger shoes today.

Today's verse:

Show me the right path, O Lord,
Point out the road for me to follow. 
Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me. 
All day long I put my hope in You. 
Psalm 25:4-5

Love to all.

No comments: