Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gratitudes and Pet Partners

It is a sunny morning here in Edwards CO. Doug had his second radiation treatment this morning, and this time the therapists invited me back to watch. This was a special perk because I am a retired radiation therapist. Their machine and computer system is exactly like what I used to work with. I almost felt like I was back at work. The patient area is welcoming and nicely decorated - including three large lovely bronze sculptures, no doubt donated.

Jack's Place, our temporary residence, has a visiting therapy dog program. The dogs are registered with the Delta Society Pet Partners. I had a wonderful Rottweiler, Leonard, who was also a DS Pet Partner! I know the dedication and extensive training and testing these teams undergo. Leonard and I worked mostly with kids - he was a wonderful Reading Dog. We volunteered at our local library back in Nebraska; Leonard was the first dog in the Paws for Books program. Leonard loved everyone. Sadly he died in 2008 but there are many happy memories.

We got to meet one of the Pet Parner teams here. Gracie is a JRT who is happy and friendly. Doug has requested another visit from Gracie and her mom.

I got to thinking this morning how blessed I am. Following are some gratitudes, in no particular order:

A husband who prays
I am a beloved child of God

So many people who keep us in their prayers

My husband who never complains even when he is in pain
Jack’s Place where we can stay during radiation treatment
Our son who is an excellent father to our grandchildren
Our wonderful daughter in law
My loving sister and brother in law
Our trusty little car
Living in Buena Vista CO
Our church family
Good neighbors
I am retired so I don’t have to split my time between work and Doug
The caring people at the boarding kennel
The Lord who keeps me strong
Five healthy grandkids
Dogs and their unconditional love
My Bible
Bible studies
Thrift stores
Clean clothes
Opportunities to help others
Books

I'm sure I could go on and on, but these will do for now.

Love to all.

















No comments: