Saturday, June 13, 2020

Reduced dose Kyprolis

On May 28 (cycle 2, day 1), Dr. M and Dr. A agreed to reduce the Kyprolis dose to 60 mg because of Doug's fatigue and edema. Ideally, he would be receiving 100 mg. How this reduced dose will affect things is unknown as of now. Doug still has fatigue and edema (worse on Kyprolis days) but these side effects are manageable at the lower dose.

Doug's myeloma panel that was done on May 14 showed a big jump in Lambda light chains from 29 mg/dL to 41.2. We are  hoping that was just because it was done not long after Doug started Kyprolis. He had a blood draw for another myeloma panel last Thursday but we don't know results yet.

The plasmacytoma lump has not grown - that is very good!

We have a Zoom visit with Dr. Matous in Denver scheduled for June 22. We are looking forward to that. The Zoom online visits are working out well for us.

Doug continues to have twice a week infusions. We actually look forward to seeing our favorite nurses.

Love to all.

Here is a selection from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:

"Be still in the light of My Presence while I communicate Love to you. There is no force in the universe as powerful as My Love. You are constantly aware of limitations - your own and others'. But there is no limit to My Love; it fills all of space, time, and eternity. 

Now you see through a glass, darkly, but someday you will see Me face to Face. Then you will be able to experience fully how wide and long and high and deep is My Love for you. If you were to experience that now, you would be overwhelmed to the point of feeling crushed. But you have an eternity ahead of you, absolutely guaranteed, during which you can enjoy My Presence in unrestricted ecstasy. For now, the knowledge of My loving Presence is sufficient to carry you through each day."

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then I shall know even as also I am known.  1 Corinthians 13:12

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep in the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Ephesians 3:16-19

1 comment:

sidpennington said...

Sid & I pray every morning at breakfast for you & Doug. We know God is the healer. Blessings.