Sunday, January 6, 2019

Doug's vision worse

Last Wednesday January 2, we were on our way back to Edwards. I drove the first leg as usual and Doug took over just before we got onto I-70. Doug had been driving about ten minutes when he said he couldn't see well enough to keep driving safely. So he pulled over onto the shoulder and I drove the rest of the way. Doug's glaucoma must be getting worse. He will get his pressures checked as soon as possible.
We got home yesterday - Doug had a treatment Saturday due to the New Years holiday. We are going back to Edwards in the morning. I am doing all the driving, at least for now. God is answering prayers; I feel like angels are watching over us as I drive. I still don't like all those roundabouts in Avon and Edwards!
We will be able to come home next Friday after Doug's treatment, and will have a full weekend at home.

Doug is doing well; he is tired just as much from the stress as from the radiation. We both have been taking naps at Jack's Place.

We didn't go to church today, as Doug doesn't want to be exposed to germs.
I went over to our good friends to visit the dogs for a while. We are blessed to have such good friends care for them; we even have other dear friends who go to play with the dogs! Nikko and Pippa are happy and healthy, but I sure miss them.

Love to all.

Verse for the day:
"Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."   Joshua 1:9

No comments: